Monday, March 24, 2014

A tribute to my sister...

Our little Callie girl LOVES babies! We like to help her hold them and put their little heads by her mouth to recieve kisses. She has the same maternal mindset that any woman would have... She just doesn't have the working body to have children in this chapter of her life.

Now me being the twin and the sappy individual I am, I'm always crying to Heavenly Father wondering "why her and not me?" and "can't we switch for a while?". But then I think how special she is that Heavenly Father would protect her in a way that us mere human beings might not understand. So I just find ways to make her happy and include her in everything.

Well I got married January of 2013 and here I am now pregnant with our first child which they are fairly certain is a little girl. My husband knows how important Callie is to me and understands that we are a package deal so... He agreed to name our first baby girl after Callie.

Alyssa Mae is due August 25th, 2014 :) Alyssa is Callie's middle name and needless to say she is super stoked to meet her new little niece!

It is a small tribute to my Callie girl but I know how much that small gesture means to her. Not a day goes by that I don't wish that my sister could be walking and talking like me but she is the happiest girl I know. We still swap secrets and giggle to inside jokes and we are like two peas in a pod. I wouldn't have her any other way.

-Cassie 

No comments:

Post a Comment