Saturday, June 7, 2014

Love, laughter, and happily ever after

My husband and I have been married for almost a year and a half now (Yes I can't believe it's already been that long). Although we sometimes get into little disagreements, I believe us to be one of the happiest couples I know. I think I've figured out one key part of a happy marriage. I know. I know. What does a "newlywed" know about marriage anyway!? Well let me tell you.

Like I've mentioned in other posts, Callie has taught me to be more selfless. Boy, do I apply that to my marriage.

Everyday, (usually in the morning) I think to myself "what can I do to make Shawn's day easier or more pleasant?". Sometimes I even ask him (usually he says "come home and let me see your beautiful face" or something cheesy like that). I try to do AT LEAST one thing a day for him. It can range from making his lunch to mowing the lawn for him (or taking care of a phone call that he doesn't want to make). Anything that lightens his burden and makes him feel loved.

I know I still have a TON to learn about being married but I've found a gem that I won't let go. I know that having a happy marriage is when both people try to keep the other happy. Just look at us ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment